In light of the recent outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), please consider below precaution steps;
- Sanitize equipment meant for personal use such as (second-stage regulators, masks, snorkels, BCD oral inflators), and inside your mouth.
- Equipment can be effectively sanitized by submerging it in a 10% bleach solution or using a cleaning product such as Steramine™ tablets or any other quaternary ammonium compound. Be sure to use these products according to the manufacturer's directions and then rinse the gear with fresh water.
- Products that are commonly used to clean dive gear but are ineffective against coronavirus include antibacterial and chlorhexidine mouthwashes or sprays.
- Hot soapy water must be paired with mechanical action such as scrubbing with a soft toothbrush to be effective.
- Divers using rental gear must thoroughly wipe the following equipment with a household disinfecting wipe and then rinse with fresh water before use.
- If you do not have access to wipes, you may wish to ask the shop you're diving with to properly sanitize the equipment before you take it with you.
- Frequent hand-washing (with soap for at least 20 seconds)
- Regularly clean-up for high-traffic objects and areas (bathrooms, door handles, countertops, etc.)
- Avoid contact with people who are sick, and stay home if you are ill to avoid spreading of the disease.