1. Give up plastic bags. Take your own reusable canvas or recycled heavy duty plastic bags.
2. Skip straws. Unless you have medical needs, and even then you could use paper or metal ones.
3. Pass up plastic bottles. Invest in a refillable water bottle. Some come with filters if you’re worried about water quality.
4. Avoid plastic cutleries. Replace single use plastic forks, knives, spoons with durable metal or wooden cutleries, and give up plastic plates and cups.
5. Recycle what you can. Recycle and reuse your plastic materials